Saturday, December 6, 2008

Quilting....

So I love to quilt! I dont do it oftern because it takes so much time and to be honest I dont have a lot of free time lately! But a dear friend of mine is having a baby and I wanted to make her a special 'nanny jai quilt'. I oftern get scared about giving away something I made for fear that they wont like it and because they take so much time to make and to me it is kinda like my art... So when I make a quilt as a gift it really means that person is special to me...

My dear friend that own a nanny jai quilt are...
- My friend Kelly's son Kaiden got my very first rag quilt (Kelly do you still have that I would love a photo of it if you do!)
- Max, Sally Rose and Abby Zuckert each have a Nanny Jai snuggle rug
- My Mum has the first real quilt I made with stitching in the ditch
- Anne's daughter Mia has one too
- Nancy has a birthday rag quilt
- Tara has a special yay you are 30 quilt

Anyway here is a photo of my latest creation I made for my friend Caroline's baby - freckles!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Are you kidding Jai.. .. ..

Kaiden loves your quilt and I do as well. Seriously it was one of our most favourite gifts we got when Kaiden was born. It kept my legs warm many a midnight feed as well.

I loved it so much that I have created a quilt or two myself for some dear friends and family . . . all because you were so thoughtful and made Kaiden his first quilt that we LOVE so much.

I will take a photo of it for you and send it to you via email (:

I also love your latest creation! You are an artist!! You are very clever.

LOVE IT!!